Friday, September 10, 2010

Look what God is doing...

I am constantly amazed at how our God works... how His Spirit moves. I believe that God is stirring the hearts of men and women, across North America, to take notice of the smaller, solo church pastor and congregation. By "taking notice" I mean that people, compelled by God's spirit, are celebrating smaller churches, encouraging, training, challenging and calling out to God for them to be vibrant and "transformational".

I have spent a lot a time this week reading, listening and learning to what many people are saying about the smaller, solo pastor church. I am so moved by how God is bring people together with the same passion and desire to see churches like mine and yours back "on mission" for the kingdom of God and for our KING....

How can all these people, who have never met, all have the same singular passion and focus?? We both know the answer to that... it is a real move of God...
Here are three examples of some ministries that are smaller, solo church targeted, that I have found as of late.

www.combnetwork.com

www.thesticks.tv


smallchurch.com

I so want our PAOC to join God on what I see what He is doing. Not to neglect the larger churches that have multi-staffed and many people often in larger centers, but to bring together like minded brothers and sisters in our PAOC family to help the smaller, solo pastor lead church (which is the vast majority of churches) to ALL be mission focused again.

I watched Ed Stetzer's webinar this past Tuesday... amazing!!! I ache with the potential that technology gives us to help, encourage, and resource each other as solo pastors in Canada. We could connect each month(s) via video and pray together, learn from each other and walk together to see each of our churches vibrant and growing again... for the glory of GOD alone.

So you know I am trying to do my part. This blog is the beginning for me.... a place to call out to you and ask for you to raise your voice that this happen. Maybe, with God's help, we can become networked like never before... sharing ideas, resources, burdens and victories with each other.... and yes I think God is in this...

Praying for you...

-K

No comments: