Wednesday, May 19, 2010

From the General Superintendent

We got an email today from Dave Wells... he writes;

"Thanks Kevin and Hans for your excellent facilitation of the COP and your effort to maintain communication. I am copying your email to Colleen so that she can copy your message below and send it to all who registered for the “Sole Pastor in Small Towns” COP. I trust we will have an excellent response. Warm regards, Dave"

Dave... you never stop impressing me.. Bless you!

-K

3 comments:

David Baldock said...

I thoroughly enjoyed those 2 COP sessions. In fact, they were the highlight of General Conference for me! It was nice to hear from those guys with impressive resumes who spoke at the evening services, but none of them matched the passion and intensity of Hans and Kevin. I wish their talks had been recorded! We do need a better understanding of biblical ecclesiology (the biblical church), not only in smaller churches and communities, but in larger ones as well.

I look forward to hearing from others in the future as well as sharing what God is doing in the village of Parkside (pop. 130)

LifePoint Church said...

Thanks David for your kind words! I was also deeply moved by our time together. I like Hans idea of how he "washed the feet" of the pastors. I was very touched. SO you know, I am glad that my session was NOT recorded as I am sure some of the things I said may not have been well recieved by everyone... ha..

Visit here and comment often!

-Kevin

David Baldock said...

I can understand why you would be cautious about some of the things you said being misunderstood, but some of those Main Session Speakers also thought some of their comments might not be accepted favourably, yet they were livestreamed over the internet. Not everything Jesus said was really popular either! Doesn't mean He wasn't right.